Corporate Social Responsibility
Because of our commitment to both our community and our work environment, corporate social responsibility (CSR) plays a fundamental role in our operations at BIS. We are planning that our business impacts, and our local environment, touches the lives of thousands of people across Abuja. This broad footprint will lead BIS’s unique approach to CSR, which is based on BIG Five key areas.
Environmental Awareness and Community Culture
Environmental Awareness and Community Culture
• Help students in the community to identify their interests and abilities
• Support students in setting personal learning goals
• Facilitate student involvement and learning in decision-making regarding their own learning and the use of power and responsibility in the classroom and school
• Create a culture of care and community where students learn to support one another and take responsibility for the wellbeing of each other and the total community
• Facilitate students learning together in a diverse groups where they learn how to value contributions of others and manage productive group work
• Teach students who are functioning at many differing levels of ability together in heterogeneous mixes
• Assess student skills and learning styles to facilitate learning and promote personal excellence
Public's support for education
Education is the most powerful tool at hand; People are steadfast in their belief that education is the major foundation for the future strength of their countries. They even considered education more important than developing the best industrial system or the strongest military force, perhaps because they understood education as the cornerstone of both. It also held that education is “extremely important” to one’s future success and that public education should be the top priority for additional Federal funds. Education should occupy first place among funding categories, above health care, and welfare.
BIS will offer scholarship as part of public’s support for education.
Career Management is a life-long process of investing resources to accomplish your future career goals. It is a continuing process that allows you to adapt to the changing demands of our dynamic economy. The career management process embraces various concepts: Self-awareness, career development planning/career exploration, life-long learning, and networking.
Career Development Planning is a process designed to help you to:
- Take the time to think about your job/career goals
- Focus on developing knowledge and skills for your current position and for future job opportunities
- Think about how you can utilize efficiently your strengths, talents, experience, and motivation – how can you use all of these aspects to increase your passion for work!
- Be the architect of your own career development plan – write your goals, make a decision to have a plan for your career development
- Discuss your career development goals with your manager
Badr Integrated Schools is planning to play a strategic role in career management and improving the skills of people in the community, which will affect in providing vision, structure, direction, and motivation for their career management process.
The community we live in is part of us. We believe that the decisions we make impact those around us. We are all in it together, and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Improving our community and helping others is often at the top of our mind. So when the phrase “community health” crossed our radar, we had to know more. What is community health? And how does it affect the lives of those in our area?
Community health is the intersection of healthcare, economics and social interaction. Unfortunately, many people are unaware of the role this type of healthcare plays in their everyday lives. We are planning to play a strategic role I developing the community health on our neighborhood and how to improve it.
Technology and human life cannot be separated; society has a cyclical co-dependence on technology. We use technology; depend on technology in our daily life and our needs and demands for technology keep on rising. Humans use technology to travel, to Communicate, to learn, to do business and to live in comfort.
However, technology has also caused us concerns. Its poor application has resulted in the pollution of the environment and it has also caused a serious threat to our lives and society. This calls for the proper use of technology.
We will assist the community to overcome the biggest challenge they are facing which is to determine the type of future we need to have and then create relevant technologies which will simplify the way we do things.